The activity organised in collaboration with Tropa Verde, it's going to be developed in five sociocultural centers of the city and is headed to boys and girls from among 6 and 10 years. Marta Morán explained that "the European Week of Waste Reduction wants to make aware on the possibility to do without a lot of packagings, and therefore it goes to work with these materials to recycle them and turn them into objects like games or christmas decoration". This practical work will go accompanied with explanations more theoretical on the need to limit the use of packagings "because the best residue is what is not produced".
To participate in the workshops, that are thought for a maximum of 15 boys and girls, it is only precise to inscribe in the participant sociocultural centers. The calendar of the activity is the following:
- Sociocultural center of Pontepedriña: Monday, 21 November, to the 18:00 hours.
- Sociocultural center of Cardinal Quiroga: Tuesday, 22 November, to the 18:00 hours.
- Sociocultural center of Fontiñas: Wednesday, 23 November, to the 18:30 hours.
- Sociocultural center of the Widen: Thursday, 24 November, to the 18:30 hours.
- Sociocultural center of Santa Marta: Saturday 26 November, to the 17:30 hours.
Success of Tropa Verde
Iago Elizechea took advantage of the press conference to appreciate to the City council his implication in activities related with the recycling and prevention of waste. Also it remembered that the Tropa Verde carries working with a remarkable success from the year 2015, and to invite to the citizenship to add to the program.
In this line, the councillor of Environment and Convivencia exaltó the work that develops Teimas in Tropa Verde, that already has 2.000 neighbours registered, and 115 establishments sponsors that offer discounts and gifts to the people that recycle.